US Navy Recruitment – As sailors, US Navy is committed to protecting America world over both on the sea and land.
The vision of the US Navy is to protect the country and deter threats around the globe. They are there also, to provide a challenging and rewarding future for those aspiring to pursue a bigger mission in life.
Before you aspire to join the US Navy, there are little things you need to know and also bear in mind. First of all, there are different fields one can fit in the US Navy. So, it’s up to you to make your choice and join the Navy through your field of interest.
Now, we are going to see the minimum requirements for this application. As well as things that must be held handy and finally, how to apply for US Navy recruitment online.
US Navy Recruitment Requirements
The following are the requirements an interested applicant for US Navy recruitment must meet up to before he/she can be able to apply for any job under the US Navy.
1. Age Limit: Interested applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 34yrs. However, those that want to apply with the consent of their parents can be 17yrs and above. Also, the age limit for entering the level of a Navy officer is 19 – 35yrs.
2. Citizenship: For you be join the US Navy as an enlistee or officer, you should be a citizen of America. However, non-citizens who are residing permanently in the US can still join as an enlistee or officer. The following documents will be required to prove your identity; birth certificate, Social Security card, permanent residence visa or a Registered Alien Green Card.
3. Education Requirements: This requires a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma to join as an enlistee. To join any of the US Navy’s officer programs, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
4. Medical Requirements: Interested applicants must pass some medical tests, such as blood and urine test. The blood and urine samples will be tested to ensure that the applicants have no illness, disease or traces of drugs and alcohol in their system. Also, they must confirm to the US Navy height and weight standard requirement
5. Personal Background: This is the last but not the least of them. Interested people who are willing and ready to join the Navy will be thoroughly investigated. This is to ensure that people with a bad record are not taken into the US Navy.
Now, if you have checked the requirements above and you don’t have any problem with them. You can then proceed with the application process. But before you apply, make that the following information are handy at the time of your application.
- Social Security Number
- Details about your educational background
- Employment history
- Military service history (if applicable)
- Job interests
If these things are with you. Then you can now apply for the US Navy recruitment online following the steps here.
How To Apply for US Navy Recruitment
- Go the US Navy recruitment official portal through this link
- Enter your functional email address and confirm it in the next box.
- Type in the Verification letters into the box and then tap on ‘Register’
- A mail with a link will be sent to your email address. Open your email and follow the link to complete your registration.
- Afterwards, create your login Username and Password, then fill out the Application Form
- Click on ‘Submit’ and your form will be submitted. You have successfully applied for the US Navy after completing steps 1 – 6. Check your email address regularly for any update. That’s All!
I hope this was helpful?
Don’t Miss; Do you want to be getting free updates on your email on the progress of the US Navy recruitment process. Then, subscribe to this website at the top right corner of this page.