Facebook Messenger Blackberry is the Facebook mobile messaging for all Blackberry devices. The app is built by Facebook Inc. to enable Facebook users on to send free texts with their Blackberry devices.
The text messages sent over Messenger are free but only works with your date plan and nothing else. It’s a shortcut to your full Facebook social app and provides you with easy chat link on your mobile.
Our interest in this article is to show you how to download, install and make Facebook Messenger Blackberry work on your device. However, there are hand full of requirements that your Blackberry must meet up to before you proceed with this download.
Facebook Messenger Blackberry Minimum Requirements
- Blackberry OS 7 and above
- Internet connection before you proceed with the download
- Minimum available disk space of 2 MB
- Device do not necessarily need to be rooted
- Requires Blackberry OS for Blackberry phones and not Android OS
Now, if your device satisfies this little requirements above, you can then proceed with the download steps below.
How To Download Facebook Messenger Blackberry
Since we are looking at how to download Facebook Messenger for Blackberry phones, you need to go through Blackberry World to ensure that you download the trusted app. The steps to follow afterwards are as listed below;
- Open Blackberry World from your phone or go through any browser and type www.appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
- Then, search for the Messenger using your store’s search bar
- Tap on the app when the search is complete and select Install
- After the installation is complete, open the app and complete other requirements
That’s all for the download steps. Now, let’s quickly rap it up by seeing the steps through which you can login to your Facebook Messenger app and start chatting with your friends on Facebook.
How To Login To Facebook Messenger Blackberry
Remember, you must have a Facebook account before you will proceed with this login process as it’s your Facebook account details that you will use to login to this Messenger. Don’t Have Account?
- After the download is complete, open the app through your phone
- Enter your Facebook account login details i.e. your email/phone number and password
- Then, tap on Continue
- Tap on Ok on the next page that appears if you want Facebook Messenger to import contacts from your contacts list
- Now, go ahead and chat with your Facebook friends using your Facebook messenger. You can also invite friends to download the app with you and start chatting with their apps.
Congrats! You have successfully downloaded and setup Facebook Messenger on your Blackberry phone. For questions and comment on this article, use the comment box below. It’s free of charge to comment on the post.