Are you tired of a friend on WhatsApp and want to stop receiving calls and text messages from the person? Here is a simple thing to do! All you have to do is block the friend for the mean time and unblock the person at your own convenient time. Blocking a person on WhatsApp doesn’t mean outright removal of the person from your friends’ list, also the person in question will not know that he/she has been blocked.
Meanwhile, you need to update your WhatsApp Messenger to the latest WhatsApp version so that the steps here will work perfectly well. To update your Messenger, simply follow the directions on this web page. Or visit your device App Store (Play, Apple, Windows, Nokia, Blackberry World) and download the latest WhatsApp Version from there. Now, let’s see how to block someone on your new WhatsApp Messenger.
How To Block Someone On WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp Messenger from your device (whether mobile or computer device)
- Then, tap on the friend’s profile picture that you wish to block and continue to the person’s timeline
- Scroll down the page and tap on the ‘Block’ link below the Timeline page
- Then, Confirm you truly understand the terms of the blocking on the pop-up that appears when you tap on Block. That’s all!
- The person will be blocked immediately and you can exchange calls or text messages with the friend
How To Add A Friend on The New WhatsApp
With the new WhatsApp Messenger version, so many things have changed. Although the UI is still the same but some functions on the Messenger have been rearranged and new features added also. Now, to add a friend using their number;
- Open the Messenger from your device
- Then, tap on Message-Like button located towards right bottom of the home screen
- Tap on the ‘Add Friend’ button at the top right corner of the next page
- Then, enter the friend’s Name, Number, Address details and Save
- Afterwards, go back to your Messenger and tap on three (3) dotted lines at the top right corner of the page and select ‘Refresh’
- Once your Refresh is successful, the friends profile you just added will shown up according to alphabetical arrangement. Go ahead and say Hi to the friend to start chatting
I hope this was helpful? Please feel free to use the box below to ask your questions or make recommendations on this article. Also, share this post with others using the social buttons below.