How To Embed Videos On WordPress │Easy Tutorial For Bloggers
Hi Buddies! I know you may be looking for this information for a long time now. You have tried to embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo Business, Daily Motion and others yourself on your blog but it isn’t working out well.
You don’t need to worry because the solution is embedded in this article. Just take your time and go through this write up. I promise you, your problem will be solved.
There are simple codes I will give you in this article. They are below this page. Once you can be able to write them well, your videos will appear embedded on your blog.
You Can See Also: Bluestacks Download For Windows 10 │Offline Installer For PCs/Laptops
First, why do you need to embed videos on your site? It’s a nice question I’ll answer you now before I show you how you can embed videos.
Why Embed Videos On WordPress?
- As a blogger, your site is supposed to be placed before any other site. Therefore, too many links to other sites is not good for you.
- When you embed videos on your site, viewers watch the video directly from your site without being referred to the source of the video.
- You don’t need to give google the impression that all you do is to copy other people’s work.
- Embedded videos make your site interesting and lovely to be visited again.
- When you embed videos, it saves time and data for your visitors. They get everything they are looking for in one single website.
The above reasons should make you want to learn how to embed videos on your site anytime you write a post. How do you do that?
How To Embed Videos On WordPress
Step 1: Visit any website that you wish to embed your video from – YouTube, Vimeo Business, Twitch, Daily Motion etc.
Step 2: Select the video you want to embed. When it starts playing, paused and click on the ‘Share’ link at the bottom of the video.
Step 3: Highlight and copy the embed code of the video that appears. Go back to your WordPress post e.g. http://www.example.com/wp-admin/post-new.php.
Step 4: Click on the post and paste the code where you want the video to appear.
Step 5: Go to the top right-hand side of your post and click on the ‘Text’ link. Then, reduce the width and height of your video iframe only.
e.g. Let’s see how to reduce the video below with the embed code <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QdDzRqC6-0U” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe> to make it embedded on your post.
- Paste the code where you want the video to appear on your post.
- Click on ‘Text’ and reduce the iframe width and height this way. <iframe width=”350″ height=”125″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QdDzRqC6-0U” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>. That’s all!
Step 6: Go back now and click on the ‘Visual’ link beside the ‘Text’ link and you will see your video embedded on your post.
Watch A Simple Video On How To Embed Videos On WordPress
To confirm that you have successfully embedded the video, click the video on your post once and check below to page to see if it has changed to ’embedded’. You are done!
Alternative Way To Embed Videos On WordPress
I discovered there are some WordPress used by my friends which do not allow videos to be embedded by through the steps above, That’s why I sought and found this alternative. It’s just about programming language, if you can understand HTML language. Let’s see it.
Step 1: Copy the video’s current URL that you want to embed.
Step 2: Go to your WordPress post page and paste the URL. Then select the ‘Text’ link.
Step 3: Add the code below to the place you wish your video to appear.
Step 4: Your video will be automatically embedded to your post.
To confirm this, do the same thing as I told you above.
Please do you find this article helpful? Feel free to comment on the box below.