This web page is solely aimed at putting you through the steps of activating Skype Push To Talk feature on your mobile or PC device in a couple of minutes.
As you know too well, Skype is one messaging, video and voice calling global social media everyone is using all over the world today.
Skype is recording about 74 million users already and thousands of people are joining the network everyday. Generally speaking, Skype is comparable and interesting just like Facebook, Snapchat, StumbleUpon etc. Skype allows you to make voice and video calls to people anywhere in the world with little or no charges. And Skype Push To Talk feature is a unique feature that places Skype ahead of other social media.
Meanwhile, the main business of today is to show you how to enable Skype Push To Talk feature on your account. Skype Push to talk feature is like a walkie-talkie feature on your Skype account. It enables you to simply tap on the button and you are already dialing a number for video or voice call. With Skype Push To Talk feature, you can be strolling while answering or calling a friend. Now, let’s get down to something.
How To Activate Skype Push To Talk On Mobile & Computers
We are going to treat this issue one after the other. First, I am going to show you how to enable this feature on your mobile app, then on your computer or PC devices.
♦ For Mobile App
To activate Skype push to talk on your mobile app, carefully follow the steps below;
- Open Skype app through your device menu or the app shortcut
- Log into your account using your correct details
- Then, tap on ‘Tools’ link and select ‘Options’ from the the drop-down menu that appears
- Scroll down the page and select ‘Advanced‘ from the list of options that appears afterwards
- Then, tap on ‘Hotkeys’ from the options that appears at the left hand side of the screen
- A list of options will appear at the right corner of the screen. Check the box that has ‘Toggle mute (push-to-talk) and tap on the link with ‘Change Selected Shortcut’ at the bottom of the page
- Skype push to talk will be activate automatically after these steps. You can call a friend now using Skype push-to-talk feature. Meanwhile, remember to un-mute your app below the screen if there is a mute on it.
♦ For Computers/PC
If you are using Skype from a computer through a web browser, then you can activate Skype Push-to-talk feature on your account following the instructions here. To activate push to talk on online via a web follows almost the same process with the Skype app above. The major difference here is the positions of the Hotkeys. On a web browser (Skype online), locate the ‘Settings’ at the left navigation panel, select Advanced, then, hotkeys and finally activate the Push-to-talk feature.
I hope this was helpful? Feel free to share this article and help others benefit using the social buttons below.
Meanwhile, if you find anything difficult here, do well to let admin know using the comment box below.