How To Switch Off Auto Download Image WhatsApp Messenger – Do images and videos download automatically on your WhatsApp Messenger? You have been looking for a way to stop this? Know that if your settings are not placed to prevent images and videos from downloading automatically on your phone, images and videos will keep downloading automatically on your phone and as such your data subscription will finish on time.
But this article will help you to reset your WhatsApp Messenger settings so that you can be able to switch off auto download image WhatsApp as well as videos. The steps are simple and we are going to make it very easy and simple here. Meanwhile, we are also going to show you how to stop videos from downloading automatically on WhatsApp. Just relax and learn the simple steps here.
Switch Off Auto Download Image WhatsApp
Before you go ahead with these steps, I want you to note that WhatsApp recognizes when your device is connected to a mobile data, WiFi or roaming. So, you can reset the settings for each of these internet connection. However, the steps for each of them are similar if not the same. So, let’s see them below.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger from your device
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ from the three vertical dots at the top right corner of your screen
- Then, select ‘Data Usage’ from the Settings Option that appears next
- You will see the option for setting the network usage when using Mobile data, connected to a WiFi or Roaming. Select the Options one after the other and Uncheck the corresponding boxes to stop all media auto download on your device.
- Do the same thing for WiFi connection and when Roaming to stop WhatsApp from downloading images and videos automatically to your device. That’s just it!
Now, you have successfully switched off auto download image WhatsApp and other media. Remember, you can simply go back to the Settings dialog and Check back the boxes to switch on all media auto download on your Messenger.
There are many things to know about your WhatsApp Messenger, kindly search for more info on our website or subscribe for more tips at the top right corner of this page. Meanwhile, if there are any questions on this article, use the comment box below to let us know. Also, share this post to benefit others using the social buttons below.