How To Retweet on Twitter – Just like sharing your update or other people’s update on Facebook, Retweeting on Twitter means sharing a tweet publicly with your followers. One can decide to retweet his tweet or other people’s tweet which intrigued him or for some other reasons. In such a way, they pass along news and interesting discoveries on Twitter.
This is an amazing feature in Twitter social media and allows users to recall an old time tweet which they find relevant to current or past happenings. To retweet on Twitter is not a difficult task to complete but it needs a little guide for one to pull through. You can actually retweet a tweet without a comment or mentioning the original author of the tweet if you’re sharing other people’s tweet.
Meanwhile, a “Quote Tweet” is when you add a comment to the tweet before retweeting. You may want to add a brief comment on the tweet prior to retweeting. It’s fabulous! You can also learn how to do so through the guide on this page.
Simple Steps on How To Retweet on Twitter
Obviously, a lot of persons prefer to log into Twitter through their Twitter app while other group likes doing through a web browser. You need not to worry about anything as we are going to show you how to retweet via Twitter App and also via web browser. Let’s get down to something here.
♦ Retweet Via Twitter App
- Open Twitter app from your mobile device
- Then, select the Tweet you wish to share from Twitter feed or your profile
- Tap on the ‘Retweet’ button – it is an upward-downward-like arrows below the Tweet box
- Then, tap on ‘Retweet’ to complete the process
NOTE: If you would like to use a Quote Tweet to add a comment to your retweet, then, after you must have tapped on the Retweet button, select ‘Quote Tweet’ from the pop-up window. Afterwards, add your comment and tap on ‘Tweet’.
♦ Retweet Via Web Browser
- Log onto www.twitter.com and sign into your account
- Then, locate the Tweet you wish to retweet from the news feed or your profile
- Tap on the ‘Retweet’ button that looks like an upward-downward arrows
- You will see a pop-up window with the Tweet about to be retweeted. You can add your comment in the box on the Tweet pop-up to make it a Quote Tweet
- Select ‘Retweet’ to complete the steps here. That’s just it!
NOTE: When you retweet someone else’s tweet and people comment on the tweet, they original author of the tweet will be added to the conversation. You can do a good by mentioning the original author’s name during retweeting.
I know you were able to learn how to retweet on Twitter following the steps here. Meanwhile, if you encounter any challenge doing any of the things above, let’s know about it using the box below and we’ll get back to you in a while.